Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good and Bad

My newest dilemma..
As most everyone knows (because I tell them all the time), my kids are great sleepers. Very deep sleepers, nothing wakes them up. In fact, a few weeks ago when a tornado ripped through our town (literally), we were able to move our sleeping kids to the basement and back upstairs an hour later, and no one woke up! Awesome, I know. Scott swears the reason they aren't startled by anything is because of fireworks. Each year, our city hosts a huge fireworks show and we join 20,000 other people in a field to watch. I remember Bennett's first time going...he was 9 weeks old and he laid on a blanket under the show and stared in awe. Never once flinching at the loud booms and it only took about ten minutes before he fell into a deep sleep. It was no surprise when just two years ago, at the age of 7, he rolled over half-way through the show and fell asleep :) There is a downside to this though. Last week, while eating lunch, our carbon monoxide detector went off. The loudest, highest pitched screech I have ever heard. Scared me to death. I jumped out of my seat and ran to the living room to see what it was. Cate, however, just set her cup down and asked what that noise was. Didn't phase her at all. Turns out, the alarm was sounding because it had hit the seven year mark and it was time to replace it (even though it plugs into an outlet..weird). My point of this story is that I am certain my kids would not wake up if our fire alarms or carbon monoxide detectors were going off in the middle of the night. We have them in the hallway outside their bedrooms, living room, and basement and we have a "family emergency plan" (thanks to Brady), but none of this matters if they don't wake up to get out of the house. So, I'm currently searching for alternative alarms designed specifically to wake heavy sleepers. I have found a few that have recorded voices that yell out commands, but since they completely ignore me when I'm yelling out commands, I'm not confident that they'll wake up for that either. Any suggestions?

In other news.....

Brady lost another tooth. (#6) The tooth fairy completely failed him and he was so disappointed the next morning. Thankfully the tooth fairy totally redeemed herself on the second try!

Cate is still very fashion forward..not. Who's child is this? Bling hat, fur coat, ruby red shoes and lots of attitude.

Thursday she couldn't decide between a dress, skirt, or pants so she wore all three.

Last night, she walked into the room wearing Brady's clothes. I had to do a triple take because she looked just like him!!!

No comments: