Sunday, February 27, 2011

Useless

Bennett: (Screaming from his room) "Moooooooommm, where is my baseball jersey?"

Me: (*sigh* pet peeve---screaming at me from another room) "It's in your closet."

Bennett: "Which side of my closet?"

Me: (Are you $#%&*!@ kidding me? That closet is one rod not a 200 sq. foot walk-in) "LOOK FOR IT"

Bennett: "I did. I still can't find it."

Me: "It's on the left side." (Of course it is. I have their closets organized from left to right....sports uniforms, school polos, pants, tshirts, long sleeve shirts)

Bennett: (3 minute pause...which I'm certain is not from actually looking for the shirt..he's definitely sitting on his bed watching tv) "Moooooommmm, it's just not here"

Me: "Bennett Smallie, I know for a fact that jersey is hanging in your closet. Do you know how I know this? Because I have washed every piece of friggin' laundry in this house over the past 48 hours...including all bedding, drapes, pillows, and rugs. If I walk into your room and find that shirt in your closet, there's going to be hell to pay"

Bennett: long pause "DAAAADDDDD"

Just another typical day here at Casa Smallie. At least it was warm and the kids were able to play outside ALL day. Brady's buddy Jack came over and they rode bikes, killed bad guys with sticks, and counted Jack's 216 bouncy balls.
Ben practicing his mad basketball skills

Crazy Cate in her ruby red shoes

No comments: