Sunday, April 12, 2009

Zoo-Time

Zack, Carter, Brady, and Bennett-Children's Zoo 4/9/09


Scott and I take the kids to the Stl Z.oo at least twice a month. As zoo members, this is a pretty "cheap" excursion for our family. We go year-round... warm, cold, snow, rain...usually on the cold days, more animals are out and less people :) So, on Thursday, we woke up to sunshine and decided to spend a few hours at the zoo. Carter had Zack B. spend the night, so we forced him to go along with us. After a short trek to G.us' Pret.zels for breakfast (!), we made it to Forest Park. There were tree trimmers cutting down a massive tree in front of the M.uny and we had to pull over and watch because the boys were so mesmerized by it. Crazy.


Brady, Scott, and Cate on the carousel


It was a day of firsts for Cate. She rode the carousel for the first time and she loved it! She and Brady sat next to each other while Ben, Carter, and Zack were on the opposite side. Everytime the boys would come around, they would have a strange look on their face and after about the fifth spin, I realized they were switching seats. I put an end to that real quick.

Bennett, Zack, and Carter creating mayham on the carousel


It was also the first time we took Cate into the goat pen to play with the smelly goats. I have severe issues with the goats. I hate them. I hate that the kids love them. I hate that they insist on petting them and brushing them and well, it makes me cringe just thinking about it. But, I figured Cate would love it, so I armed myself with a box of wet wipes and hand sanitizer and headed in with her. The boys, of course, loved chasing the goats and thought it was hilarious when one would bite their jackets. Cate wasn't too sure of them. She did a lot of yelling (not shocking) and most seemed scared of her, so I didn't have to worry about her petting any. The goat pen is also where I realized that Cate is a bully. She may be tiny, but she's becoming quite the tyrant. I captured the perfect picture of her shoving Carter out of the way so she could get a better look at birds fighting in a cage. She literally grabbed his leg and pinched him until he moved, throwing him off balance and he almost fell. Daddy's going to have to have a long talk with her :-)

Butting her way in to see the birds


Cate tortured a turkey..backed him into a corner before we grabbed her so she wouldn't attack the poor thing.

We took a trip around the zoo on the zooline railroad......

Carter and Bennett on the train

And had lunch.......

Brady looks like he's up to no-good here.

Then we headed home. It was another wild day at the zoo.

No comments: