Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Clarification

I've had two inquiries regarding Cate's socks in the previous bowling post. Yes, she is wearing mismatched socks with Teva sandals. No, this is not the norm. Well, the mismatched socks are. We do not match socks in our house...ever. When they come out of the dryer, I throw them into a huge basket and when the kids need a pair, they grab two random socks and put them on. My kids do not wear shoes when they're playing outside, but they do wear socks. Which, naturally, destroys socks quickly and I'm often left with orphan socks. Rather than throw them away, I did away with trying to match them and it's been years since anyone in this house has matched. Just the way it is here at Casa Smallie. As for the sandals, Cate put the socks on when we got to the bowling alley but they didn't have her shoe size (7) and because everyone else was wearing socks, she had to and then she put her shoes back on. It made my skin crawl the entire time, but sometimes you have to take one for the team :)

No comments: