Monday, April 11, 2011

True Love

Some men show their love with flowers or poems. My husband? Fountain soda. When he knows I'm going to have a long day or the day prior was less-than-stellar, he often drops off my favorite fountain beverage (currently, Quik Trip pepsi with crushed ice in a styrofoam cup) during his prep hour. Awwww, so sweet, I know. But this weekend, he went above and beyond. He let me wear his beloved sunglasses during my marathon relay race. This may not seem like a big deal to most, but if you know Scott Smallie, you know he NEVER goes outside without his sunglasses. EVER. His highschool softball girls gave him the nickname "Ricky Raccoon" because he has permanent sunglasses tanlines on his face. Seriously, I would have a very hard time finding a picture of him outside without them on. And on Sunday, he had to sit through an entire soccer game without them. True love, I tell ya. I guess I should mention that on mile 5 of my race, when I had to take the glasses off to wipe the sweat from my eyes and a lens popped out of the frame, I nearly fell to the ground and faked a heat stroke just so he wouldn't kill me. Thankfully, I was able to fix them and since he doesn't read my blog, he'll never know!!!

Rockin' the Oakley's.


Girls of '94 rocked the Go!St Louis Marathon. 94 is the year we graduated highschool (not college like some dumb woman at the expo asked me!) Left to right...me, Jen, Angela, and Shelley. Jen and Ang have been friends since 2nd grade and Shelley and I have been friends since kindergarten!

No comments: