Friday, April 15, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ballgame...

This week marked the start of Bennett's baseball season. GO ILLINI! This is Ben's first year of kid pitch and to be honest, my expectations were low. His team (State Champs last year!) lost four very good players from last year and kid pitch is just a whole different game than machine pitch. However, I was pleasantly surprised at their performance Tuesday night. Even though they lost, the team played so much better than I expected. And last night, we won 12-2! Ben pitched two innings...making five of the six outs himself...four strike-outs and caught one pop up. He also got to catch, which is his favorite position. Last nights game definitely got me in the baseball mood, and I'm actually hoping tomorrows games won't be rained out!

He had two great hits last night...one over the center fielders head! He also struck out once and since Scott had to miss the game due to his own game, I went ahead and yelled his standard "encouragement"..."SWING THE BAT BENNETT". :)

The boys are very well dressed on the baseball field! Uniforms/bags/and matching shoes are a must! But, I hate their hats. Of course, Ben loves it. He also loves when I sneak into the dugout and take pictures
Team Illini's biggest fan!

No comments: