Monday, September 20, 2010

Soccer

Soccer season has begun. Three months of non-stop practices and games. Bennett decided to play this year, so that brings my weekly total to seven practices and approx. 4-6 games on the weekends. Crazy busy around here.

Carter's U13 Scott Gallagher team. How did he make the top row of this picture?!

Even though Bennett is only 8 years old, in the world of ridiculous pee-wee sports, he is late in starting soccer. (At 8 years old, Brady will already have played select soccer for three years!). But Ben is athletic and has picked up the game way faster than we expected. And he really enjoys playing...even running!

I don't have any pictures of Brady playing yet because his first game was rained out and his next game isn't for two more weeks :( Yesterday he said "I hate this weather" and I said, "I know you're really disappointed about your game being canceled" and he said "I'm not disappointed, I'm pissed" Just tellin' it like it is, that's our Brady :-)
Cate is such a trooper during our wild soccer weekends. Thankfully, we have a lot of family that comes to the games to cheer on the boys, and everyone keeps her entertained. Last weekend, it was so hot at Carter's game and Cate loved playing with the "fweezing cold" wash cloths Grammy brought!
Bennett's first game was in O'fallon and happened to be at the same time as the Scott Air Force Base air show. I'm a scardy cat when it comes to airshows and I'm not sure I'd ever take my kids to one, so it was nice to be able to watch it from a safe distance :)

No comments: