Sunday, September 9, 2012

survived!

Well, people, I made it through.  No bright lights calling me home, just an amazing IV pump offering all the morphine I needed to bring me back.  Oh, and a great team of doctors and nurses offering one of the best surgery/hospital stays I've yet to experience.  And I've experienced plenty of surgery/hospital stays...plenty.  I'm feeling pretty good and said goodbye to my pain meds a few days ago (sniff sniff, I mean how awesome is it that you can take a little pill and wake up 12 hours later?!).  I have four wounds from the robotic surgery and my Dr. nicked a vein behind one of them that has left me pretty swollen and very bruised.  Let me show you.... (disclosure..belly pics below)

Morning of surgery.....
 
Four short hours later...

Discouraging, I know. And I'm just as shocked as you that I lost my tan on the operating table, but I guess crazier things have happened ;)  Not to worry though, I should be released to exercise next week and before we know it the swelling will be gone and after I finish this Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, I'll be back to my morning runs and cut-off tanks with low-cut jeans.
 
But in all seriousness, a HUGE thank-you to everyone who texted, called, emailed, and stopped by the hospital...to my running girls Candi and Jaime for the gift cards and snacks, Bau Bau for bringing dinner over twice, Fran for treating us to dinner several times (even though I'm still bitter that she was in Bermuda living it up while I was in the hospital!), my parents and in-laws for all of the help with our kids, and to Scott for taking three VERY long days off work to keep everything under control. Hoping this surgery is the answer to all of my issues (at least my female issues.  I don't think there's any surgery in the world that could answer all of my issues).  So a final buh-by to my uterus. It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.
Smallie Out
(get it? like when Ryan Seacrest ends each American Idol w/'Seacrest Out'? Yeah, I rocked it, I know)
 
 
post signature

No comments: