Monday, August 20, 2012

Back At It....

School is back in session around here which means things are a little bit calmer in the House of Smallie.  At least between the hours of 8:00-3:00 :)  Carter started his sophomore year (Holy Moly!), Bennett his final year of elementary school (say what??), Brady 2nd grade (nbd), and Cate her last year of preschool (shut the front door!!!).  Obviously next year we are going to have a few major milestones that I'm not yet ready to talk about :) 

Carter started his school year off on the right foot...grounded.  I'm talking total lockdown. Poor guy had to spend his first Friday night of the school year at Brady's soccer game with his entire family!  And missed one of his bff's 16th bday party Saturday! After this past week, Scott declared "All I can say is, teenagers suck".  Don't we all agree?  Yeah, I thought so.  Anyway, I'm hoping we've gotten things under control and he's back on track...otherwise it's going to be a very long year.  Oh, but look at him below...grew a whole 4 inches this summer.  Maybe he won't be the shortest in the school again this year :)

Brady, Bennett, and Carter...ready for a great year!

Back to school time means Mr. Smallie gets to break free from this house for a few hours every day too.  Holla-friggin-lou-ya.  I love having him home three months a year, I REALLY do, but he is a man who needs structure..a schedule..a daily itinerary, and he is often the one who is complaining "I'm borrrreeeddd, what are we going to do today??" (in a whiny voice that drives me crazy!)  A social-director I am not, and let's be honest...there are a million things to do around this house that could keep all six of us busy for years, so having "nothing to do" is just a load of crap.  Ahem.

Mr. Smallie is all smiles on his first day :) (and very patient with me for making him pose for an obligatory first day of school photo or OFDOSP)

Today was the first official day of class for Cate.  I received a text from her teacher with this picture attached..."Cate's first day of pre-k and she hasn't missed a beat!"  She loves that dress-up corner and has been waiting all summer to get her hands back on all of that cool stuff!!  Hard to believe that this time last year we were both crying when I dropped her off and I was seriously contemplating pulling her out of the program.  Fast forward a year and I had her up, bathed, blow-dried, and ready to go 60 MINUTES EARLY.  Guess we both need those 2.5 hours away from each other!

As for me, I'm back to watching Hadley (1.5 years old) every day, and her brother Tyler (9yrs) before and after school.  And hopefully Baby Trevor will be visiting often too. Annie's college soccer season starts this week (yes, she only gave birth 3 weeks ago, but hey, she's 20.  So annoying, right??!) so I'm planning on getting my fair share of T-Rev time :)  Right Annie??!!!!!

Here's to a fabulous 2012-2013 school year!! 
post signature

No comments: