Friday, November 2, 2012

OH-EM-GEE

Last week I ran downstairs to grab something from the storage room and found my worst nightmare.  27 tubs of clothes had been emptied into a huge pile.  Turns out Brady and his buddy Jack emptied them so they could jump off a dresser onto the pile like they do after raking leaves.  TWENTY-SEVEN packed, organized, and labeled tubs.  Today I started what seems like an endless job of cleaning and sorting.

This pictures was taken of a small portion of the mess after I had already cleaned out about 10+ tubs, blankets, and sleeping bags

I realize that having 27+ tubs (probably more like 42) of clothes in the basement is ridiculous and yes, it was way past time for me to go through and purge everything, but I really wanted to do it on my own time...like in ten years. 

When we talked to Brady about this, he gave us the same B.S. (ironic that those are his initials??) that Carter always has "I'm really sorry Mom and Dad.  I don't know why we thought this was a good idea but it was a really bad decision and I promise to never do anything like this again."  blah blah blah.  Makes me puke.  At least Bennett will cry and kick stuff/throw stuff.  Brady and Carter say the right things and it really makes me mad...what a crock of bull.  Anyway, he lived through it so I guess I haven't reached my breaking point quite yet...but if there's anyone to test it, B.S. is the one!!!! 

Look for an "after basement clean-up" post in the future.  Probably the way way future :)  
post signature

No comments: