Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh Brother(s)!

One incident...three very different reactions.

Cate was on the playground at preschool and a little boy slapped her in the face. (Just four year olds being four years olds.  The teacher took care of it and all is well.  Except, the little boy {who is a really great kid with an awesome family} happens to live across the street.)

Cate mentioned it to me in passing when she got out of school but waited to be dramatic about it until she had a much more attentive audience :)

The scene:  Carter, Bennett, and Brady are sitting on the couch watching Survivor.  Cate walks into the room and stands right in front of the tv.  All eyes focus on her.

Cate:  Today at school, I was at the top of the jungle gym and a boy slapped me right across the face. And that boy lives right across the street (making pointed finger gestures towards his house)

Bennett:  *sigh* "You cry?"

Carter:  "But you're tough, did you hit him back??? You definitely should have hit him back but only harder"

Brady:  "WHAT???  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  ARE YOU OK?  I'M GOING OVER THERE RIGHT NOW.  I JUST NEED TO TALK TO HIM.  I'M NOT GOING TO YELL, BUT I NEED TO TELL HIM THAT HE CAN'T BE DOING THAT.  WHERE ARE MY SHOES?  I'M GOING OVER THERE RIGHT NOW. NO, YOU CALM DOWN, I'M GOING OVER THERE!!!! "


Oh. Dear. Lord.  Cate should come with a warning label... 
I've got three big brothers and I know how to use them. 



post signature

No comments: