Wednesday, March 24, 2010

5 Star Puker--Warning:Gross Post

The past six days have been pretty disgusting around here. Lots of puke. Too much information, I know, but too bad, I have nothing else to talk about...so if you're offended, don't read any further. Anyhoo, it started with Bennett on Thursday night. Then again with Ben Friday night. Cate was Saturday night and Brady joined in with Cate Sunday night. I emphasize "night" because they were only sick between the hours of 10pm-4am. Carter hasn't been affected and I doubt he will be..he never catches anything the kids so willingly share with the rest of us.

Midnight puking sessions are very hard on me. I am an Ambien sleeping pill addict. So, having to change kids pj's, bedding, and scrubbing bathrooms after 11pm is nearly impossible. And Scott, well, lets just say he struggles with it too. Those four nights made me realize that our kids are very different pukers. They all have their own style. I won't include Carter in my observations because I don't remember the last time he was sick....Praise the Lord...because he is the biggest baby when it comes to taking medicine. But, I digress. Ok, back to rating my children's vomit performances.

Bennett-1 star.
He is the worst sick person ever. When he gets sick, it's like he's paralyzed. He will literally continue to throw up all over himself, the bed, and the floor without even attempting to move towards the bathroom. And he does this head/arm flinging motion that's just ridiculous...I always think he's going to throw his back out or break his neck.

Cate-3.5 stars.
Cate has almost mastered puking (don't you just love that word) without making a mess. After the first time, we put a towel in bed with her. From then on, she knew to only get sick on a towel. So much easier for me and Scott to clean up. Ok, she did have an unfortunate incident at my mom's Sunday night where she mistook my moms robe for a towel, but hey, she's only 2.

Brady-5 stars.
Brady is the champion puker. A title to be proud of..and Scott and I are most grateful for this. When Brady gets sick, he runs to the bathroom, turns on the light and fan, throws up in the toilet, wipes it down with a Scrubbing Bubbles flushable wipe (no joke), flushes, rinses out his mouth, turns off the light, and goes back to bed. Scott and I don't even get out of bed....I'm not even exaggerating, he is the best!!!!

So, there you have it. Information you've been longing for, I'm sure. We're hoping the stomach bug has left the building and won't return for a very long time, if ever. Thank you to Clorox, Scrubbing Bubbles, Lysol, and Oxiclean for helping to remove the stench from our home.

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Very funny post.

God bless Brady!!!!!

Jen said...

My worst nightmare!!