Thursday, July 10, 2014

lake fun...again!

I am forcing myself to sit down daily and update this blog until I am all caught up for 2014.  This could take me til 2015.  I'm not even going to try to post them in order or back-date them... so they'll be completely out of order, but ya get what ya get :)

On Monday, I planned to make a trip to Target but Scott decided we should go to the lake instead.  He won.  We had to be back by Wednesday at 4 for baseball, so we had to make the most of our one full day on the water.  And that we did!!!!  We are very blessed to have Aunt Fran and Uncle Mike who are willing to open their house to us on a moments notice (literally)! This trip was one of our best yet....the weather was finally perfect!
the dock fish have been waiting for us





 Seems like there is a new toy every time we go.  Meet the trampoline! Turn it over and it's a party float complete with cup holders! It's huge!


 

Tuesday morning was spent jumping and fishing and the afternoon was about boating and eating :) We had lunch at Coconuts, one of the kids favorite restaurants. 
me and the Bradster on a boat
 Saturday evening, Cate took a quick kick to the face on the trampoline and lost her front tooth! There was a lot of blood and Scott had to yank it out and then she jumped back in the lake to clean up.  Ewwww. (and doesn't she look just like Brady?!)

Under the stairs secret toy room

My favorite guest room and where I LOVE waking up each morning. Wish I could spend an entire week in that bed.  I try, but the kids always find me

After dinner, we headed back out on the water in the "small" boat (as Cate refers to it).  Evening boat rides are the best! (nice underwear Scott)

Always right there lurking

 Cate has the life.  Fluffy robe, cheerios and her water :)


After 13 hours on the water Tuesday, I was done.  But bright and early Wednesday, the kids were up and back at it.



By noon, everyone was worn out!  We were sad to have to pack up and leave but two nights is a good length to be there...we realize our family is like a tornado and we don't want to overstay our welcome!

pooped out

We had lunch at Backwater Jacks before heading home.  Last month when we were there, we saw this mama duck and her babies and I was excited to see them again yesterday!
 
 
 
post signature

No comments: