Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tooth Fairy

Saturday, Brady pulled his loose tooth out. He then dropped it in the pantry and lost it. I am pretty sure I later sucked it up in the vacuum. Anyway, Brady left a note under his pillow telling the tooth fairy the situation and hoped she understood. Scott and I are very bad at the whole tooth fairy thing. VERY BAD. We often have to throw money under the bed after the kids wake up disappointed that nothing was left under their pillow...we tell them that they probably rolled around so much it fell under the bed :) So, this morning at 7am when Scott remembered the tooth, he was reaching under Brady's pillow when Brady's eyes popped open and he asked what he was doing. Scott told him he was looking for the remote and Brady closed his eyes and went back to sleep. Good save Scott...or so we thought ;) At lunch, Brady told Grammy, Fran, and Bau Bau his version....."I woke up and dad was checking under my pillow. When I asked what he was doing he told me he was looking for the remote. But, we both know the remote is on top of the dresser like it always is. I knew he was really looking to see how much money the tooth fairy left me, but he's not getting any of my money!"

I find it hilarious that Brady thought Scott was going to take some of the money from him and it never once crossed his mind that maybe Scott was the one leaving the money. He's at the perfect age to truly believe and never question tooth fairies, Santa, Easter Bunny, etc. And even though keeping up with the secrets and all that comes with it (hiding presents w/special paper, writing letters to the North Pole, keeping the other boys quiet), it really is all worth it when they do find that special treat tossed under the bed and the gifts under the tree Christmas morning. It's magic :) And I'm glad we have many more years to come of these special surprises.


In other news, Brady had his second league game yesterday and his team rocked it!! They are so good. Brady played awesome and they won 2-1. These little guys are so much fun to watch!





HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments: