Saturday, December 19, 2009

Personal Trainer......

Not mine, of course. The thought of that makes me laugh. Ok, so, our 12 yr old son has a personal trainer. Ridiculous, I know. He goes to TTF three days a week for an hour. He seems to really like it and it keeps him in great shape. Scott and I thought it would help with his endurance and strength for soccer, baseball, and swimming, but Carter told his trainer he is just hoping for "six-pack abs by summer" (and he checks on his progress nightly..in front of the mirror) Anyway, I thought all of this was great, until I ran across this scary picture of his trainer.....

No shit. That is the man I pay to train Carter. Is this good parenting or what? Three times a week Chris drains Carter of every drop of energy he has, sends him home in a daze, and I am rewarded with an exhausted, ready-for-bed-way-early kid. Win/Win situation I tell you. And yes, I sometimes do feel guilty when Carter describes some sort of "sled pulling" drill they do, but I keep telling myself it's for his own good :) Last week, Chris came out to the car and asked if he could put a Tanks Training decal on my car window. To which I asked "Seriously? You think that would be great advertising? Don't you think people will see me get out of the car and say to themselves...Clearly that woman does not work out at Tanks Gym"...he just laughed and said maybe this will be incentive for me to start working out with Carter. Apparently, all of that weightlifting has killed off most of his braincells.

Advertising on a filthy car!!

No comments: