Thursday, October 3, 2013

Disney on Ice

I think I have written this same post for several years now!
 
On Thursday afternoon, my friend Rachel posted a picture on facebook of her girls dressed as Disney princesses and heading to Disney on Ice.  Crap.  I thought it was next weekend.  We were leaving for KC on Friday and I had a ton to do, but Cate looovvvesss Disney on Ice and it's only in town twice a year, so I decided to go for it.  Because I didn't decide we were going until 5:30 and the show started at 7:00, I wasn't sure we could even get tickets, but I figured it it was sold out, I would take her to the Disney Store at the Galleria and knew she'd be happy either way :) Luckily, they had just released some more tickets and we scored two 5th row seats for $12 each (w/no service charge).  WOOHOO!! 

Chaifetz Arena.  SLU has such a purty campus
 
Closest we've been yet!  Catie Bug was super excited. 
 
The show was 100 Years of Magic and I thought it was really good.  I have a very hard time sitting still for more than 5 minutes but this program kept my attention fairly well.  I loved that it showcased a lot of different movies and characters but each set was short.  Cate's favorite part was the princess routine (of course!) and my favorites were the army guys from ToyStory and the Incredibles.  Very entertaining!

Aladdin

Finding Nemo

Toy Story
 My favorite thing about Disneyworld are the parades and this part of the program recreated the Magic Kingdom light parade.  When the music started, (before the set was revealed), Cate gasped and said "I love the night parade!!!"  And everyone said she was too young to remember the trips!  Ha!  I closed my eyes, and that music took me right back to Main Street and closing out our magical day with an amazing parade :)  I can't wait to go back!!
 
Ooooh!Ahhhh!


The finale brought all of the characters back on stage for a dance party.  Perfect way to end the show!

  On the way out of the arena, a lady handed her a flyer for the next show.  Cate stopped and read the headline to us (damn the luck that those are her wall words.  Gone are the days that I could make something up that benefited me!) ....
COME BACK ON FEBRUARY 8 TO SEE DISNEY LIVE!!
 
"MOM!  A new Disney show is coming ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!  Isn't that wonderful??"  Then she turned to the lady, threw her a 'thumbs up', and said "We'll be back!"
 
And I bet she's right  :)  
post signature

No comments: